Saturday, August 06, 2005

A particularly sweet gesture

Retrospect:

I picked out a customized number plate for my friend's Merc: AETOS.
AETOS- Eagle, almost defines his glider of an E430. I was going through a particular "Greek words are so cool" phase, when I chose this for his plate. A fairly effective phase, involving rummaging through Greek name sites. Truth be told- the phase lasted for 3 days, after which, I was sick outta my mind of Greek/Latin/ Hebrew names et all.

Getting on to the gesture, which is the subject of the blog- I never thought I'd get to see the plate before I left Charlotte for Mumbai. But the plate was ready the day before I left, and my friend made me a "I'm goin to miss you card" with the picture of the plate- 'AETOS 9' , it said.

It feels nice to have christened something - Almost parentesque!
Is this how you feel when you name a baby or a pet???
I don't know yet , how that feels, but this sure feels good!