Wednesday, August 24, 2005

"How long does a journey have to be before it qualifies as one?
I ask because I've had some that were four feet long, some 25 feet, others that were the length of India, and yet others that, with a slender needle of a silver plane, tacked together great sheets of ocean and continent.
The four-foot journey was the longest.
Four feet is the breadth of an average surgical cot.
For two years it was the breadth of my world too-a world that smelt of cold, canned oxygen, and sweetly sickening ether.
....The way I was positioned lying on my side like a child's rag doll, and looking through the railings of the surgical cot, it seemed to me that the world had bars superimposed on it and life could be viewed only in segments, if one had to make sense of it."

-Geralyn Pinto, Re-Routing

4 comments:

i-me-moi said...

Fucking beautiful. And bitch, couldn't you have told me about this earlier?

i-me-moi said...

.. the blog I mean .. not this piece of writing ...

Happy Karma said...

Incase you hadn't realised, you have set standards...I had to bide my time, before you got to see any shit!

i-me-moi said...

nonsense .. for someone who isn't keen on publishing a book, or winning the pulitzer, you are doing a fantabulous job.