Monday, August 29, 2005

Odors

Being myopic confers one with an innately sharp sense of smell.
I wouldn't call that a very good thing,because, there is a wire connecting the nasal nerve to the head and the extremely sensitive nose in contact with unpleasant odor triggers a headache, when it gets irritated by any odor which,well, irritates it:-).

Sequence of events as it occurs:

Odors wage war on the nasal nerve (I think some knowledgeable types call it Olfactory or something)
Odor Type: Happy/ Unpleasant
Result: Peace/Jangling
Result (Result): Tug at the connecting wire
Result (Result(Result)): Sniff seeking out odor/Irritating headache.

Its interesting, the number of odors that I encountered today. I probably paid too much attention to them today.
In retrospect, must have looked quite a mutt, sniffing and crinkling my nose :
  • Shampoo and conditioner on freshly washed hair (happy odor) -sense of freshness
  • Warm vanilla sugar (ditto)- ditto
  • Filtered coffee at 7:30 am - zingy
  • Crisp toast-delicious
  • Dusty road- puky
  • Chlorine/sulfurous odor on the factories belt- terrible, nauseous, puky.
Note: In the midst of all the chloriny sulfury affair, I could swear, that for a brief moment in time, I smelt Davidoff Cool Waters. Thinkworthy!
I try holding my breath, the entire time the chloriny affair prevails, but when I exhale a li'il, the odors attack with a vengeance. So I am going to throw all that unwanted effort outta the window.

I only just discovered that dried sunflower has an extremely earthy, herby smell- likee
I also like the smell of green tea and aloe and so the folks in Bath & Body Works stopped making it!

P.S: Also discovered a connection between the odors and the throat.

I am one hypochondriac mutt- my olfactories (yes that's what they are called) rest!

1 comment:

i-me-moi said...

1. the green clover and aloe one is also nice .. the one you gave me. in fact, it's started running out so using sparingly these days.

2. get a life .. better still get a gas mask.