Monday, April 28, 2008

Did we talk about the trip to XLRI yet?


  1. I loved being a student again, if only for a week.

  2. That doesn't mean, I'd willingly lend myself ever to another trip to Jamshedpur in a dry parched summer of 42 °C.

  3. I'd also not willingly let my ass get hauled into Bishtupur market at 12:30 pm , not even for Chappan Bhog mithai wala.

  4. I will still not go to the zoo in Jubilee Park, irrespective of season ( this means you K).

  5. If by some strange stroke of warped luck , I do find myself in J'pur in summer, I 'd beg/ bribe/ do what it takes, to get an air conditioned room on campus .

  6. I will remember to carry a Tristano / Rafael/ Nina type paperback, so I can lull myself into a sleep in the wretched heat.

  7. I will not travel the Azad Hind from Tatanagar to Howrah or do anything that requires me to hang around the Tatanagar station till 3 am in the morning - I would much rather travel by road, the Naxals notwithstanding.

And this may not be a comprehensive list ....

2 comments:

i-me-moi said...

:) i'd give anything to be a student in san diego right now :D

Kavitha (Machiah) Cariappa said...

Well, well - Pleased to note that I've made quite an impression - esp. with the introduction of Rafael and Tristano :-). I'd still recommend night travel - but never in any parts other than South India!!!! Back in Bangalore, the heat doesn't seem so oppressive, and when I hear fellow Bangalorians complain, I quietly remember the sweltering week we spent in the East and thank the stars that I'm out of there.

I agree with the part of being a student again! It was fantastic. But hey, what about adding a little spice with the fan following - Shakira.... Did the crowd love the curls or what???

I take mighty offense to your insinuation that a trip to the zoo would've been anything less than exciting. My one regret is that we didn't really do any sightseeing :-(. I will NEVER travel to Jamshedpur by train ever again.