Thursday, February 14, 2008

Notes on "Feb 14th"

So, its that day of the year again - every mall/store/restaurant/chinty dhaba is offering "valintin"(:-)) specials.
Everywhere you see - red baloons - heart shape and all. GAAAH!
Its such a commercial event - there is immenese pressure on gifting spouses/loved ones/ prospective girl/boy friends etc. Its no longer , " bottom of your heart " feelings or such like, cos, hey you dont need a day to express bottom of heart type feelings. But what the hell, maybe some folks really live for THAT day , to express, undying love.
That apart, I love Google's Valentine look: Eventually, isnt that what , we all want out of a relationship?


Walk into the sunset, with your gnarled arms linked into another wrinkle-lined one? :-)

My friend baked her 5 year old boy a spectacular cake and wrote him a , "will you be my valentine?" letter in wax crayons. He loved it and is apparently, taking it to school to show everyone.
I got the husband a jacket, he had been eyeing for a while!(no rude surprises, there)
I got myself some books from my old book store, on church street.
And yes, I am waiting for my evening!:-)




No comments: