Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Its at the oddest times that inspiration finds you. And certain impulsive individuals like me, simply have to act on it right away, lest it drift away.
Yesterday evening, while clearing out the fridge, I was inspired to throw together a salad with left overs: so it was cottage cheese, spring onion greens, tomato. I had wee bits of each, so I decided to stir in some wheat pasta to give it some body and colour.
Recipe
I poured out about 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl. To it I added, about 4 cloves of minced garlic, some chili flakes, some mixed dried herbs- oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary and some salt and pepper.
I chopped up the cottage cheese in small strips and swirled it into the oil and herbs mixture. To this I added spring onion greens and largish pieces of firm tomatoes and then let them all sit there for about an hour covered.
I then cooked up some pasta, drained it out, ran it under cold water and then added it to the dressing prepped in the bowl. I then mixed it up with a salad ladle.
Needless to say, it was a nicely Mediterranean tasting pasta salad.
Rather pleased with myself now :-)

No comments: