Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Of a haunting late evening at work.

I have always loved her with a reverence bordering on obsequiousness. I always chose her over compatriots as the only object of my intense affection...
But today, in the quiet of the office at 7: 00 pm, I discovered him.
Ah the "but" - the beautifully worrying harbinger of a dark something to come.
He smelt of a faint burnt something, tingling the inside of my head. The redolence that hung in the air, drew me to him almost like a smooth slithering fluid movement in space. I closed my eyes, felt around for the source and urged myself away. He was no good, for my clingy self. I did not need him, to latch onto - not when I had pledged my allegiance to her, through solemn oaths, serious money and passionate research.
What do I do? My heart draws me to the forbidden, while my mind wills me to stay with my faithful paramour. She was this warm brown subtle concoction - ever delightful...
Tea, I am sorry for doing this to you.
Damn the new roasty beaned coffee machine! You, I will briefly indulge and wait to pooh-pooh away.

No comments: