Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ambrosia!

Over the last 2 years , I have discovered a passion for cooking. It is a huge stress buster and you get to satisfy your creative urges too.

Last week my friend J gave me the quickest easiest recipe for a chocolate fudge and it took me a grand total of 10 minutes including cooking time to make it.
I tweaked her recipe with surprisingly satisfactory results.
Gooey Choco Fudge (microwave)
Cadbury's Cocoa powder- 1/4 of a cup
Cooking Butter - 1/4 of a cup
Milkmaid - 1/4 of a cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Walnuts - handful- coarsely chopped.

1. Mix all the ingredients except walnuts in a microwave friendly bowl and beat them to get a smooth consistency
2. Place it in the microwave at high power for 1.5 to 2 mins.
You can see the mixture bubbling.
3. Remove it from the microwave and mix in the coarsely chopped walnuts
4. Refrigerate until it sets
5. Watch it being polished off- even before you can cut it :-)

Can it get any easier.

Thanks a ton J!

P.S: J's version calls for 3.5 cups sugar and 1/ 2 cup milk. I substituted it for Milkmaid.





1 comment:

i-me-moi said...

i am totally with you on the rediscovering cooking as an artform bit. i overdo the cooking here. i cook so much that jussu has gotten tired of eating food at home and sometimes wants to eat burgers. such insult.

neways ... nice recipe :D

who's J?