Tuesday, September 17, 2013

how do i protect my baby?

Today my eyes well up, as I pick up Athar at school.
The maid has bunked right after taking a hefty loan from me. I spent the morning hassled and raging about the errant maid. She made me yell at the spouse and Athar, both- I was snapping at them dawdling over morning tasks. I decided to work from home and go pick up the child early, because he has a cough and I'd rather he stay home.
So turns out, he fell down in school- jostled accidentally by another child. His teacher explains that they iced the spot and he is better now. I see a slight bump where he hurt himself.
What really upset me is how the teacher explained that , Atharva is an adorable child and not at all aggressive. Should I be proud of him? My little slightly built angel never even mentioned the fall to me. Long forgotten. Resilient.
Even when older kids snatch things from him, he doesn't snatch it back.
He looks bewildered and moves on to another toy.
Do I wish he was a little more assertive, a wee bit aggressive ?
I am not sure.
But I sure as hell know, that he gets it from his mum who gets bullied by mere maids and his father who will melt at the very hint of a sob story.

1 comment:

TPShukooR said...

Interesting lines.

Thanks & Regards
Business line