Monday, July 20, 2009

100 word fiction!

She looked up anxiously at the clock, while chopping up the fruits. A power packed smoothie at 7:00 pm like every evening. It was seven, she could hear the car backing up into the garage. She was late today. A key turned in the lock. She scurried into the kitchen to load up the blender. He had switched on the television. She slid out the ice tray; the metal of the Smith and Wesson not so cold yet. The sharp recoil, almost rocked her off her feet. She turned off the blender and the television and sighed.

7 comments:

Shadows said...

and the smoothie?????(dog faced)

i-me-moi said...

harini - the day you truly graduate beyond your earth tones obsession - when i feel it in my innermost being and senses - i will buy you a thousand pastel shades for you to discover. promise.

i-me-moi said...

ROTFL!!
That was a knee jerk reflex. I expected to see something like this. But you do realize you went overboard. see now you are experimenting like the nouveau coleur savvy ... :D
It's not coming from within I tell you. Your soul itches coz it's not comfortable with the pastels. The transformation has to happen at a ________subliminal__________ level. :D

i-me-moi said...

i also detect a hint of your earth tones influence in the center panel ochre you chose. No one will say thats a yellow without a brown influence. At least I won't. :D

Happy Karma said...

Good Lord , I hate the new template! And guess what, brown is the new " black" or "white". I cnat seem to get a decent looking template brown.
By the time I had the templat in place, and discovered that I truly hate it, I was too tired to go looking for another one.

i-me-moi said...

which is why i would recommend using one of the blogger templates and customizing it - read up CSS ;)
there's a red in the world, as there is a psychedelic spread of colors - see my blog for a change :D

Happy Karma said...

I only loves BROWN. there, i said it. I am obsessed with it. Its the only beauty in my world. I'm sorry Dee...