Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Forgive me God, for...

... I have sinned.
Yeah me. In the blur of busy everyday morns and eves, I starved my plants for 2 days prior to Earth Day. Today morning on the august occasion of World Earth Day, they looked up me all wilted and forlorn, beseeching me to feed them.
I was running late for work and was lugging around the laptop, lunch, pile of books to donate, clothes to be laundered etc.
Feeling terribly miserable about my neglecting ways, I dropped all the stuff I was holding, and unlocked two sets of doors and another to reach my pail of water to feed them.
I spoke softly to them, apologising for my oversight and made a mental note to not forget their grub.
In the evening, when I returned home, they looked cheery and uplifted and I felt forgiven.

1 comment:

Shadows said...

good girl