Friday, October 19, 2007

Of Dard-e Disco and 4 year olds

Of course, Om Shanti Om and SRK have been in the news for SRK's abs and more.
I have been watching rushes of OSO , with the detached involvement of a channel surfer- at breakfast and other meals in front of the TV.
With my friend's 4 year old- its been a lot more, I figured.
While driving for lunch, the cute li'il fellow, decided to quiz me.
Bemusedly, I decided to enlighten the kid.
So I said , " Go on".
He says, " Do you know my favourite song?".
I said , " No Sam - you tell me".
He says, " will you sing it, if I tell you?"
Thinking, it must be some popular ad jingle or Cartoon n/w theme song, I urged him to go on.
He said, " Dard-e Disco!"
Me, "What?", thinking I heard him wrong, never heard of '...Disco' something.
He latched on to it, and chuckled, "YOU DONT KNOW- DARD E DISCO!"
After expressing his shock and joy that, I " don't know anything", he proceeded to sing - " Woh haseena woh neelam pari, kar gayi kaisi jadoogari, Dil me mere hai dard-e disco".
He had me repeat after him, until he was rest assured that I had learnt the 2 lines.

So then, I saw the song on TV yesterday for a whole 2 mins and was surprised at the kid's accuracy.

Sow sure has an absorbent sponge for a son.

1 comment:

Shadows said...

kewl aint it!!!!!1