Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Yesterday

Last evening:
The soft thudding of feet on concrete under the moonlight was welcome music. I had forgotten, the feeling of strangled breath, the rhythmic sound of hair swishing in the wind, the pounding of a heart forced to pump more in your ear, the warmth of blood rushing to your head flowing into your ears and then the sweat pouring down.

I like running in the moonlight.


Today


I played my first ever game of Sudoku. Sometime in the last 6 months, this game caught the fancy of a bunch of friends and a newspaper (I read). I was obviously removed from the Sudoku wave, until, I saw a hoarding in South Mumbai and then promptly launched myself into Sudoku world enthusiastically. You can see, it doesn't take much to draw me into another "waste time at work" medium.

http://www.websudoku.com/

I like, the Evil level, to describe the toughest Sudoku level. It conjures mental images of a Japanese monstrous dragon grinning and clapping :-) (also the colors - gold and purple, of scheming royalty)

2 days In Nuce!

3 comments:

i-me-moi said...

I think I like the adjectives you use. They accentuate all that you have to say beautifully. It's like good make up, highlights not paints.

You went running? Awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Seems "Wunderphull" to work out like that except for the fact that you are running over concrete!!

remember the contraptions on flinstones?? Apply the same logic to your joints each time they hit that surface. you will see what you are doing to your bones each time you go thudding down the lane. (yes yes even your vertebral column... get the point?)

arthaat.... as kurt vonnegut would put it in hindi
Dheere se jaana bagiyan mein... heeey

Anonymous said...

I see an approaching storm... take care & goodbye.